Monday, January 12, 2009

MILESTONES

So .....

I'm sick and and very dizzy. Hopefully this post makes sense. But I'm not making any promises. I'm proud to say that I am the new owner of a very potty trained almost 3 year old. That's right... Mia has retired her diapers for a porcelain throne and she is doing wonderfully. Mia was ready about 6 months ago to be potty trained but is UNBELIEVABLY stubborn. That's what you get when you mix Christian and I. So when she started making me change her diaper literally after every pee and poop that she did... I got a little fed up. She was a little hesitant to poop in the potty. A long time ago, she pooped in the potty, looked down and said, "I'm scared of the turtle." And never wanted to do it again. So when we were potty training all last week she would go and hide in the toy room and close the door. I always knew that she was going in there to have a bowel movement. So I would go in there and drag her to the bathroom. The first few times she wasn't very thrilled with me, but now she's doing wonderfully. After every trip to the bathroom, we do a song a dance and make a huge deal out of it. She also gets rewarded with M&M's. YEAH for only changing one set of diapers now!!

Landen eats solids and loves it! My little chunky monkey is eating like a champ. He's not exactly on the small side so we try to limit the solid in take by once a day. He absolutely loves it and knows what's coming as soon as the bib goes on. I do have to say the he is much more alert when nursing also. It's quite frustrating when I'm trying to get him to nurse an all he wants to do is look around and see what his sister's are doing. Landen has also rolled over a couple of times. Not on a regular basis, but the other day I put him on his back and when I came back downstairs he was on his stomach. He is still the absolute most perfect baby ever! He has a smile that melts me. And if you look close enough to his right cheek you can see a little dimple when he smiles. Just like his dad. It's the same dimple that made me melt when Christian and I were dating. Awwww.

Kalea is going to school in the fall. *Deep Breaths, Kristy* This has been a very hard thing for me to accept. A couple of times I have talked to my mom about it and have almost had a panic attack. What makes it even more suckier is that she is districted to go to a school out in Knightdale when we have one less then 1/2 a mile from our house that is Brand Spankin New. So I have been actively looking into Charter schools and maybe even putting in a request for a transfer if she has to go to public school. It's not that I think she's too good for Public school (even though she is). It's more that I want to give he the absolute BEST opportunity that she can get. I guess my biggest concern for Kalea is the loss of her innocence in school. We all know that it's inevitable. I'm just not ready for her to come home with stories that will make me cringe. I want her to be my sweet, innocent, shy Kalea forever. School will inevitably take that away from her/us. *Just Breath* I'll be ok... don't worry. But if you see me with a shaved head and a baseball bat to somebody's car.... just know I had a Brittney-esque melt down.

Christian stayed home from work today. Mostly because he overslept but he decided to take this opportunity to go the doctor to get his shoulder checked out. It's been bothering him quite a bit for about 2 months now. He's stubborn so it took him 2 months to get his butt into a doctor's office even though I nagged him daily to do so. It turns out he has a torn rotator cuff. They gave him a list of exercises to hopefully help with this injury. If it hasn't improved then we'll have to go to Plan B which hopefully doesn't include surgery.

Life is good. We are VERY blessed and are so grateful to be a part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love seeing my children learn and grow. I love being a mother and a wife to my perfect little family. I seriously could not ask for anything more. I am undeniably happy with my life and all that are a part of it. I have a strong testimony of family and the importance of it. I could not imagine my life without it.

5 comments:

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

I know we had our differences growing up, but I just wanted to say how awesome you seem now! I don't know why we never got along better growing up. It's sad. I loved reading your last blog. It's sweet. I'm so glad you two are so happy. You look happy, and so perfect for each other!

Unknown said...

Landen! I miss that little chunk. And Kalea's beautiful drawings of carriages and Mia's scowls. Hooray for potty training, I love it!

Today after Noa woke up from a nap I asked him if he had peed in his undies...he pulled his shorts and undies down and said, "See? I didn't pee in my undies."

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

I am glad Mia is potty trained. I am going to start trying Spencer in a few months. I didn't know that about Christian...sounds bad, how does that happen? I got nervous for you thinking about Kalea going into school. I am sure I will be the same way when it is my owns turn; it is a long time to be away with other people teaching

The Big Sister said...

Hey Kristi! Okay So I just have to say that I totally understand the starting school anxiety! Ethan started kindergarten this year and I was totally freaked out (you can probably find the post in my archives on my blog!)-- But you know what, its great! He comes home each day so excited and its in a kindergartners nature to want to spill about everything-- I love it because he tells me all the "bad things" the other kids do or say, and then we talk about why they were wrong and its a great learning opportunity for him! It still creeps me out though that he is spending that much time away everday learning from other people...but I think the talking to him about it is crucial (for my anxiety anyway!)

The Big Sister said...

Hey Kristi! Okay So I just have to say that I totally understand the starting school anxiety! Ethan started kindergarten this year and I was totally freaked out (you can probably find the post in my archives on my blog!)-- But you know what, its great! He comes home each day so excited and its in a kindergartners nature to want to spill about everything-- I love it because he tells me all the "bad things" the other kids do or say, and then we talk about why they were wrong and its a great learning opportunity for him! It still creeps me out though that he is spending that much time away everday learning from other people...but I think the talking to him about it is crucial (for my anxiety anyway!)