Wednesday, July 16, 2008

NOT A FAN


It's no secret that I let my children watch cartoons.  They pretty much have free rein of the Disney channel and a little bit of Nickelodeon's selection.  But I have to vent for a minute (or 10) about Max and Ruby.  I know that they were book characters first and then made into a cartoon for children after.  This show makes me want to throw a baseball at the T.V.  For any of you have seen this, you may understand my irritation.  At first I could tolerate the show.  The voices were sweet enough, there is ZERO violence, their very polite little bunnies.  However RUBY is the bossiest sister I've ever heard in my life.  Poor Max can't catch a break.  How many times does Ruby have to stomp all over this "kids" self esteem.  The show contains 2 15 minute episodes, and it always takes until the end of that 15 minutes that Max's ideas are better then her own.  You'd think that after all that repetition that she'd start to catch on.  Not only does she criticize Max during the entire show, but she does NOT include him in anything.  What does she expect him to just sit in the corner, silent, to be seen and not heard?!   She makes me want to tie her up by her ears.  Another thing I've noticed... where are Child Protective Services?  These bunnies HAVE NO PARENTS and occasionally the Grandmother stops by to say hi and tell Max how awesome he is.  If you ask me, Max is going to need some serious therapy when he grows up.  He only speaks one word during the whole show while his annoying rodent of a sister tells him how much he sucks.  There, I'm done.....

5 comments:

leah said...

oddly enough (since i'm the queen of letting my kids watch tv.. alot of it...), i've never even watched a single episode of max and ruby! sure, i've heard of it... and i suppose the kids have watched an episode or two, but i - i have not. i shall now consider myself warned. and lucky! :)

Christy said...

That is one of the funniest...and true blogs I've read in a long time. You are so right!!

Anonymous said...

my kids love love love max and ruby. it is one show that will keep my kids sitting on the couch for the entire length of the episode. We always imitate ruby and say "NO Max"
I have often wondered about the lack of parental units in the show also. It is very weird.

Brittney said...

I watched that show for the first time the other day with lilia.... and turned it off. It was annoying me. Max wouldnt go to bed..... and that was the whole show....having her bring him back to bed with a new stuffed animal... THE WHOLE TIME!!!

Erin Marriott said...

Okay you make me laugh so hard!!! I just love you Kristy, you seriously crack me up. I would sometimes hear that show in the background, and I'd think, 'wow that bunny is a little bossy'...do you know what show I seriously can't stand for some reason? Backyardigans. I'm kind of a Disney channel mom, with the exception of Go Yabba Gabba, that show got Lillie to eat her veggies. We miss you girl, how are you feeling?