Monday, July 28, 2008

I SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

Since I wrote such a LONG post about how depressing my life is/was... I have seen the LIGHT...

Here are a few things that have got my spirits up!

1. Mia gets her cast off TOMORROW!... as soon as they open those doors at 9am she's gonna be in there getting that bad boy sawed off. ( if you don't know the story, it's not really worth telling, but just know that I'm 8 months pregnant lifting a 2 year old with a cast... NOT FUN... for 2 weeks)

2. I had a really good check up at the OB today. Yes they did the ultrasound. But everything was perfectly fine he may just be a small baby. Which I am happy about cause I'm pretty sure I couldn't push out a 9 pounder anyways. I have dilated... oh... 1/2 a cm. And have thinned out just a little bit. So are we having a repeat of another early labor? Possibly. I'm not anxious at all to have him come too early since all of the chaos with Mia's leg. It would actually nice to have a little break before he comes. So since I'm 36 weeks today... lets aim for 38 weeks. Sounds good to me! As a side note: they did a 3D ultrasound picture also and it looks like this little man might have Christian's nose. :)

3. It's almost the end of the month and if we stay in our budget for this month then I am going to go rent (yes rent, not buy) Guitar Hero Aerosmith. I am an absolute crazed fan with Guitar Hero but quite honestly, I'm bored with all 42 (plus the 30 bonus songs) that I've been playing. I need something fresh and new. I know I sound like a 12 year old boy who is getting his allowance... but.... well, actually that's exactly what it is. Christian wonders why I don't want to just buy it for my birthday (August 24th... in case you didn't know *wink wink*). My response? You have to test drive the car before you buy it.

4. Lisa, Meg, and I went to go and visit our friend Lindsay at Wake Med. today. She had her baby early in the morning and we wanted to go and visit. I took Kalea and Mia with me but didn't know that we couldn't take them back since they were under 12 years old. Kind of a crazy rule. So we had to take shifts to go back. I got to hold little Miss Olivia. Can I just say.... BEAUTIFUL. She is just absolutely the sweetest little thing... it makes me excited to have my own soon... which is a good sign. If I had gone running the other way terrified.... not a good sign.

5. I feel VERY organized. I have everything in it's perfect little place for Landen and am very proud of this fact. I wasn't sure if there would be room for everything, but there is with a little rearranging.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

you are so sweet Kristy. Thanks for coming to see me yesterday. I love having such great friends out here. Now you are next to have your little one. I can't wait to meet Landen, he and Olivia will be great friends!