Friday, July 25, 2008

DEBBIE DOWNER

So I feel like I always have tons to say when I blog and the minute I sit down it all slips my mind. It all comes out way cheesier and not nearly as funny as, we all know, I am. Oh well, I'll give it a try and see if I can remember half the stuff I want to write about.

TOPIC #1

Let's start with Mia. Ahhh... sweet sweet accident prone Mia. Well, as many of you DON'T know Mia has been in another cast for almost 2 weeks now. The reason I haven't told anyone is because I'm not exactly proud of the fact that she has been in 2 casts within 8 months. It's actually quite embarrassing. Basically what she has is called a "toddlers fracture" on her Tibia. And apparently it's quite common, except for the fact that I've never seen a 2 year old in a cast up to their thigh before. The Radiologist wasn't even sure if it was a break but decided to put her in a cast so she'd stay off of her leg and not try and walk on it to further injure it. So needless to say that being over 35 weeks pregnant and trying to carry a 2 year old with a 15 pound cast has been exhausting, painful, and a shot on every single one of my nerves. If I hear the phrase "I want to hold you" one more time out of my sweet little girls mouth, I might cry.... oh wait I already did that.

TOPIC #2

Yes, I have had 2 (count 'em 2) nervous breakdowns just last week. I'm talking sobbing uncontrollably. I'm not a very emotional person, I don't really cry over much. But I think I have hit a breaking point. It can only go up from here right? I do have to mention that Christian has been UNBELIEVABLY sensitive to me during these times. He has really stepped up in the comforting area (which he isn't much of a fan of) to the point of me gawking at him in awe because I am so astounded at him being tender. He's been very helpful with Mia and I adore him for that. Anyways, Mia gets her cast off in 4 days, I get this baby out of me in hopefully less then 4 weeks, and life can go back to normal... oh wait, what is normal? I probably wouldn't recognize normal if it beat me in the face.

TOPIC #3

OUCH! This baby thinks there is a side exit on my body. Somebody needs to tell him otherwise. He is sooo active, which makes me happy cause it reminds me of him everyday, however I am in pain. Not always, just mostly. Also between the cramps, the kicks, and the never ending hip pain I have an OB/GYN (1 out of the 7 in the practice) who is constantly making stuff up to get me to do all these special treatments. I think he WANTS me to be high risk. He's the one that sent me to the hospital and now he wants me to get another ultrasound to make sure Landen's doing alright. Dr. Loser has decided since I am measuring on the small side that the world has stopped turning and I need special treatment. I don't like this. And it's mostly because I feel like he is MAKING STUFF UP. Of course this baby is measuring small.... I have the frame of a 13 year old girl who hasn't quite hit puberty yet. What does he expect? Ugh!

TOPIC #4

I swear I'm almost done. But if you know me AT ALL you know that I'm a huge So You Think You Can Dance fan. Well, if you don't watch that show then you can pretty much skip this topic. Here we go.... REALLY? REALLY? WILL? OUT OF EVERYBODY? WILL? My heart pretty much stopped last night when he was sent home last night. I am a DIE HARD Will fan. I thought he was going to take the whole thing. HE is AMAZING!! I'm very disturbed by the outcome of this. I'm starting to wonder if this show is rigged. First they bring back Comfort... yuck. And now Will is gone. Will is the man, and I am bitterly disappointed.

TOPIC #5

More about this pregnancy.... it's kind of funny to hear all the different comments that people like to give me. They range from, "Geez, are you ever going to have that baby" to "You look about ready to pop." My favorites are "You look great for being so far along." "Is this your first?" me: "nope it's my 3rd" and they just are shocked. That makes me feel pretty good too. Sometimes I just wish people would say nothing. But minus the staring... I get the ones who just kinda stare at me.... well, not so much me but my gigantic stomach and say nothing. Oh well, such is life.

Sorry about being Debbie Downer in the post. Maybe my next one will have some uplifting, enlightening, spiritual messages in them. maybe.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

You can call and complain to me anytime!! Your soo funny.....is this your first? Im kidding. Hope all is well...and give the girls a big kiss for me.

Lindsay said...

I was really upset the other night after Will went home, what the heck?! Hope Mia is doing better for you. I'll see you tomorrow.

Hester Family said...

What craziness...sigh. Breakdowns...sigh. Pregnant with hormones...cry. I feel for you. Of course, know that I empathize because I've been there. I'm glad Christian is there for you! Love you guys!

Ashley said...

Hey! I just found your blog....I HAVE to comment about Will. He is my favorite. Seriously. He is amazing. I am still bitter that he got kicked off. Congratulations on your 'almost' baby boy!~