Friday, August 8, 2008

A LITTLE ONE-ON-ONE TIME

I had such a fun day with Mia that I just wanted to write down and remember it.  Today Kalea went to Crabtree Valley Mall with some of her cousins to Build A Bear.  I didn't break the news to Mia that she wasn't going into the mall with her sister until after the fact.  Sidenote: These 2 girls have NEVER been apart for more then a few hours, much less an entire day.  Mia had a little bit of a melt down which broke my heart, but was much happier when I told her all the fun things we had planned for the day.  Which, actually wasn't much, but I couldn't stand to see my little girl cry.  So we drove up to the food court and I had some quarters and she rode like 3 little rides and we walked around a bit.  When we left, her spirits were much higher.  

So we drove home (oh... I forgot to mention that they woke up at 6:30 this morning... which is UNHEARD of in our home)  Anyways, our second plan for the days was going to the pool for Lisa and Melanie's pool party (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LADIES!).  Well, Mia passed out on the way home from the mall and peed thru her shorts.  AWWEEESOMMMEEE.  Oh well, I changed her and laid her down.  She (and I) slept for about an hour and then woke up.  We got our bathing suits (and some McDonalds because apparently I want to try and pack on a few extra LBs before the baby is born).  We got to the pool, ate a little, and then got in the water.  Mia had a really fun time kicking in the water with her float, and she even went down the water slide with Lisa.  (Afterwards, the lifeguard told us that was a NO NO... loser.) 

 We were there for awhile before Mia had an emotional breakdown and wanted to go home.  She kept saying her pee pee hurt.  I was really confused by this.  But after much deliberation, I realized that Mia was holding her pee so she wouldn't pee on me with her swim diaper.  What a considerate little girl:)  Ok, so she's not "potty trained" yet, but I'm pretty sure I need to get going with this now.  She's so smart to not pee on her mother, and she pees in the potty every once in awhile, but waits til no one is looking at her (especially Christian).   So we went home, snuggled, watched cartoons and played games.

It was really fun spending one on one time with her.  She ALWAYS has a lot to say, but sometimes I feel like I don't listen or pay attention like I should.  And especially with a new baby on the way, I'm pretty sure it's just going to get harder.  I have always cherished my children, but I really really LOVED being able to spend time with Mia.  She won't remember it in 5 years, but I will.

No comments: