Wednesday, August 13, 2008

HAIR BOWS, TUTU'S, AND RAINBOW SPARKLES

Who? Rainbow Sparkles. Umm... didn't you know?...
ONLY Kalea's new BFF. Duh.

Take a long gander at this work of art. Kalea had that privilege of going to Build-A-Bear with her cousins last Friday while I spent the day with Mia. Needless to say she was in H*E*A*V*E*N* when she saw this purple sparkly bear. It was love at first sight (or so I'm told). She stuffed and put a heart into her new best friend and then to top it all off her Aunt Cherre found this orange masterpiece of an "Aloha" shirt with a rainbow on it. When Kalea was asked what she wanted to name the bear she replied (naturally) "Rainbow Sparkles". Ahhhh... such creativity. Kalea and R.S. have been inseparable since day one. Kalea has never been big into stuffed animals, but truly, this one has come alive in her eyes. (Thanks Aunt Cerah for such a fun day!)



HAIR BOW CRAZINESS



Since we're going backwards here... I made these hair bows almost 2 months ago. I was feeling crafty and tired of the same ole hair bows that the girls wear everyday. So off to Walmart and Michael's and WAY TOO MUCH ribbon later, the girls had some new accessories for their curls.

*This one is my favorite*

Apparently just making hair bows was not enough. I bought letters for their names and spray painted them to basically pay homage to my new masterpieces. There's no way we could just throw those beauties in a bag to be squashed. So now they are on display for all to see.



TUTU'S

OK so I didn't make these... my Grandma did! And the girls love them. I love whenever I go shopping with my Grandma cause we'll see something at a store and it'll cost somewhere around $20 and she'll snort and say, "I can make that". So when we saw some tutu's at a store that looked like as soon as the cashier would put them in the bag for you, they'd snag and fall apart... my Grandma was up for a new challenge. She's amazing!


PLEASE EXCUSE MY CHILDREN'S HAIR... IT WAS EARLY IN THE MORNING AND THE FRIZZ HAD NOT YET BEEN TAMED.



*PREGNANCY UPDATE*

OK... lastly and sadly... I am still pregnant I have hit my 38 week mark and have dilated to 2cm and effaced about 75-80%. I am very cranky and uncomfortable... and unless you want me to rain on your parade, then I may not be the person you want to call right now to chat. Just kidding (kind of). I know this little guy is ready because he is SO LOW and I have had a few contractions here and there, but nothing consistent. Some other great news is I have gained 35 lbs. Yes, you heard me right... and when I told Christian I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head. It's a good thing I have a good sense of humor because I may have gouged those eyes out. The only thing that has kept me away from self inducing this dag on labor is the fact that little Landen is measuring small so I figure he may need a little time. So I will SUFFER for the time being and let him hang out until he feels ready. DISCLAIMER: I AM POSTING A PICTURE OF MY GIGANTIC STOMACH (not for the weak or faint of heart.)

Please no comments on how "beautiful" pregnancy is until after this guy is out, cause I can't promise you'll survive my wrath afterwards.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute bows Martha Stewart.

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

The bows turned out great! Now you can make them for nieces b-days for presents :) The bear naming is funny too...

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

That's a popular bear :) My Lily picked that one out too!

Erin Marriott said...

Okay, we are so making bows! My cousin taught me just last week, and this looks like a new way, I'm so excited! You did such a good job, and I love the cute letters to hang them with! We are on stand by again tonight, so you'd better call us if you go into labor! You look so great, I can't believe it can happen any time now!!