Thursday, June 12, 2008

HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR

Okay... so maybe it wasn't the hottest day of the year... but it sure felt like it. It was over 100 degrees on a Saturday and we had NOTHING to do (and by nothing I mean things that felt like chores weren't an option). So Christian and Andrew decided to make a slip n slide. They bought a HUGE plastic tarp and along with sprinklers, hoses, and pushing together our 2 sand boxes to trap the water and create a pool... our water fun was BORN! We all had a really fun time with the slide. Christian and Andrew took it for a "test drive" and ended up with some battle wounds from some undetected pine cones underneath the plastic. But that didn't stop them. Christian insisted that I tried it out... so I sat and he pushed me. Mia even sat with me and took a couple of turns... however, she hated it. Christian made her go by herself one time and I wish I had gotten a video of her trying to stop herself. She was not a fan of him after that. I have to admit that this was probably one of my favorite "projects" that Christian has put together. Despite the fact that it did kill our grass/weeds in the yard. Oh well, the weeds will grow back, no doubt about it.
Christian and Andrew putting together our slip 'n slide

Lisa, Kalea, and Kristy relaxing in the pool

Ready to go Slidin!

Mia was NOT thrilled with any of the water
(she took a nap right after this picture)

No comments: