Wednesday, May 28, 2008

ZOO TRIP #2



So Christian planned this really fun day of going out to the Zoo. Last time we went on the hottest day of the year. It was like 105 degrees with humidity. So we thought it would be fun to go on a spring day where the heat wouldn't be so intense. It turned out that we went on the hottest day of the year (again!) so far. It got up to 90 degress in Asheboro. What are the chances? Maybe we'll have to make our next trip for winter and hope for the hottest day in December. Oh well... We had a really fun trip this time too. Even though we all had colds and didn't feel our best, it didn't stop us!


Now I know all of you are wondering how on earth I was able to walk that LOOOONG stretch across the zoo. Well, I am apparently unstoppable when I have my belly belt supporter. That sucker helped me so much that I didn't have very much pain in my hips (it's usually pretty bad). Christian and I kept joking how that much walking was going to put me into early labor. I have my doctor's appointment today for a regular check up and then my Glucose screening which means no sugar until I get there at 1:30, which is TORTURE for me. I can do it though! I'm officially 27 weeks which means I just started my 3rd trimester. I'm hoping this will be my shortest trimester yet :) We'll have to see though.



On a sad note, Christian's Grandma passed away on Monday Night and we will be attending her funeral on Saturday. Christian was asked to sing a few songs for the funeral, at which I'm sure he'll do an amazing job.



Also, I think we're getting closer to picking a baby name. We actually talked about it and AGREED that we BOTH like ONE name so far. SCORE!!!!



2 comments:

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

We were supposed to make it to the zoo this week but it didn't happen. I can't wait to hear the name you both picked out!

The Marriotts said...

Hey girl, just wanted to say hi! I miss you and your girls! I'll have to call you while I'm here. You'd better not have that baby until I get back, haha! We just made our blog private, so email me your address. It's marriotterin@gmail.com. I heard it's way hot right now, so maybe I'm glad we're not there! Talk to you soon!