Sunday, May 25, 2008

HIGHS AND LOWS



Last Saturday we went to Durham out in RTP for the GSK Sizzling Saturday Family Fun Day (I'm pretty sure that's not what it's called. But I can't remember the name of it.) We had a really good time. The weather was gorgeous and we were able to eat tons of free food and the girls really enjoyed some of the kiddie rides. Mia was very skeptical to start and kept telling me she was scared but eventually warmed up to the fun things around her. A favorite was the free cotton candy, snow cones, popcorn, and soda that we binged on. Not only were there free snacks but they had Chick-Fil-A too. I was in heaven.


Later that evening I had the girls sit and we did little pedicures. They love it when I paint their toe nails and since I have some really quick drying toe nail polish it goes by pretty fast without any mess. It's such a fun thing to do with them.

The rest of the week started off as planned. I worked Monday and then was able to attend my friend, Emily's birthday dinner out in Cary. It was nice to get out of the house for a little while. However, when I got home from work on Wednesday Christian informed me that Mia had a temperature of 102.8 degrees. She was really miserable. The next morning she woke up completely hot still and the fever haden't broke. I layered Motrin and Tylenol until I got her temperature down to 100 degrees. I realized that she was cutting her Canine molars and thus unbelievably cranky and unconsolable. This lasted all Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday. This may have been one of the most challenging and unrewarding weeks of my whole life. Mia is still pretty cranky but on the upside, one of her canines are poking thru so I'm hoping that the next will be on it's way and she'll be able to feel better. We do plan on going Strawberry picking and going out to Asheboro to the zoo on Monday and Tuesday. Maybe that will help to get her mind off everything. Poor thing!

3 comments:

heart so lovely said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alice said...

Free Chick-fil-A is always a good thing! I'm jealous. I like the picture of Mia and Kalea on the car ride. Mia looks a little confused. Sorry it's been a rough week. I think it makes us appreciate the easier weeks a little more.

Brittney said...

You girls are soo dang cute... i cant wait to see what this little baby boy looks like!! Oh and by the way you look great! I cant believe you look like that and your prego. I was a balloon! Hey well im coming to raleigh on monday. Brad playing... and i will be there for a week. Hope to see you!