Friday, August 26, 2011

BACK TO SCHOOL

It’s that time again. SCHOOL TIME!! I can honestly say I have been looking to this because it has a meaning. This time means stability, consistency, and regularity. All of which is something we haven’t had in months. I need this… we ALL need this. A little stability is a good thing. So back to school is a 3 part series. Thursday was Kalea’s first day but because Kindergarten has “staggered entry” Mia was not able to ride the bus with her big sister. She was a little bummed by this but she was okay the rest of the day.

IMG_0093IMG_0097

Elementary School around here starts E.A.R.L.Y. We had to be out at the bus stop at 6:55am. Not an easy task when you’re up all night nursing a baby. However, it is nice that Landen is still asleep because I can take the girls to the bus stop and Landen and the baby can sleep (while Christian studies and gets ready for class at 8am). It’ll be a little bit of a challenge until the baby starts to sleep better, but I’m not holding my breath on that. And on the plus side, they get out of school at 2:30 which I love. Kalea has a good friend, Paulina, who lives 3 doors down and is also in her class this year. I have a feeling they are going to be GREAT friends.

IMG_0102IMG_0103

Mia had her first day of school on Friday. It was a short day (mostly an orientation) and Mia was excited, then nervous, then excited again when I picked her up. She even showed me a cute little banana dance that the class learned. It was adorable and relieving to see her be such a big girl. She’s come a long way from that little girl who grabs my leg and screams anytime anyone came near her. She still can be a bit weary until she’s comfortable… baby steps.

Mia will go the full day on Monday with Kalea on the bus. She’s really excited about that part. I told Kalea she needed to sit with her sister (I think it kind of bummed her out, but that’s what siblings are for). Anyways, thus the 3 part series.

IMG_0106IMG_0109

Can you tell Landen was rearin to go (he’s the one with the red hat)? He really wants to be big like his sisters and go to school. He REALLY wants to ride the bus. I have a feeling it’s going to be a challenge keeping him entertained while they’re gone. They are SO good with him and help me a ton. It’ll be lonely without them but I’m excited to hear about their day when they come home. And while they’re gone I have a feeling we’ll be HERE a lot.  It’s the playground in our apartment complex. It’s geared more towards littler kids so it’s perfect for him.

IMG_0105

2 comments:

Erin Marriott said...

Kristy, it was good to talk to you today! We really do need to get together! Maybe we could all meet halfway or something! Your sweet baby Alana is beautiful! I think she looks like Mia. I can't believe you guys had the flu right before you had her! What a nightmare! Congratulations on baby #4! Can't believe it! We sure miss the Simpson family!

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

They look so cute heading in to school. I'm sure they are excited. I'm not looking forward to that in 2 years - they are too little to send away all day. That is great they get home early. I would prefer that over 4pm anyday. I like to new home too. Smaller is better in a lot of ways.