Friday, March 6, 2009

YEA FOR HAIRCUTS AND NEW GLASSES!!



Oh yea!  There's a story behind the glasses.  I don't know if some of you remember but about a year ago I had bought some new glasses from Lens Crafters.  I did this without Christian knowing and spend like $400 on this particular pair of glasses.  And to add insult to injury, I opened up a credit card with them so I could pay it off over time without interest for 3 months.  Um... needless to say, Christian was not pleased.  But I loved these glasses.  Anyways, around May we went to VA to see my little niece Kamile be blessed.  During the rush to get out of the car and into the church I picked up a plastic bag and threw garbage, dirty diapers, etc. into this bag.  I went directly into the women's bathroom and tossed it.  I went throughout the entire day thinking that I needed to go and make sure that I hadn't thrown anything important away but I kept ignoring the thought.  So by the time we left back for NC it occurred to me.... CRAP.... my glasses were at the bottom of that bag.  I told Christian and I thought he was going to be so mad but all he said was, "You're not getting new ones."  So I called Kahea (my cousin) when I got home and asked her if someone could check the dumpster for me.  On monday, they did but it was empty. I was so desperate that I even called different garbage companies that I looked up online.  I then remembered a program from church that sunday and looked up the Bishop's last name.  (yes, i am that psycho) and called him at home.  He didn't answer but his teenage son did and I (somehow) convinced him to give me his dad's cell phone number.  So I'm calling this random bishop in the phone and begged him to look in all of the garbages and the dumpster to try and find my glasses.  So he got on it along with some help from their Scout Troop and about 2 hours later he called me and said that the garbages were empty as was the dumpster.  Just my Luck!! Their trash is picked up on Monday mornings.  What are the chances!  So feeling defeated, I let out a good long cry for my pretty Ralph Lauren glasses and moved on with my life.  The glasses that were my back up pair are from high school so their like 10 years old and WAY scratched up.  Not to mention my prescription has probably changed like 5 times since then.  Anyways, back to reality.  I finally got new glasses that look almost exactly like my old ones but are like $300 cheaper.  Christian was proud.  And I fully plan on guarding these glasses like my life depended on it. 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You look beautiful Kristy, as always! I'm lovin' the new glasses too!

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

I do remember those glasses and the story. Brad always tries to get me to buy the expensive sunglasses but I always refuse b/c I know I will loose them. I end up getting the $5 Target ones and they are just fine for 1 year. I do like the new ones though.