Saturday, December 20, 2008

WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS... IT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW THEM AT PEOPLE.

So much has been going on lately. Between getting ready for Christmas and just everyday life... things get hectic. On Thursday I took Landen in for his 4 month check up. He did great... got a little mad at the Dr. but who doesn't. He weighs in at 16lbs. and can start solids any time now. Got his shots. Handled them like a champ. While we were there the Dr. recommended that we all get flu shots (since Landen is too young and we need to make sure we keep the flu away from him.) So I went ahead and got mine. Then it was Kalea's turn... this is where all heck broke lose. Kalea came into the room and was all gun ho about it and as soon as that needle pricked her arm... oh geez. She RIPS it out of the nurse's hand and starts screaming bloody murder. Not only did she freak out she scraped the needle down her arm with a deep scratch. You KNOW that hurt. So then we had to get a team of nurses to hold her down to get her flu shot. She fought like her life depended on it. When it was finally over she cried for 45 min. I kid you not... 45 M.I.N.U.T.E.S. It was horrible. Luckily my mom agreed to watch the kids in the waiting room while I took each one back. So when it was Mia's turn she sat on my lap, simply stated "I don't want to". And got her shot. Done. Quick. Easy. She got a sucker and was happy as a clam. I come back out and Kalea is STILL crying her head off. I get her to the car and she's STILL crying her head off. At this point I'm about to lose it. So I ever so sternly tell her that it wouldn't have hurt if she hadn't taken the needle from her arm and scratched it. And that she needs to let the Dr.'s do their job. She understood. She quieted down. Later that day she kept repeating, "it's all my fault." Which it kind of was, so I just told her "don't do it again." Then she informed me that she'll need more shots before she can go to school. Also true. In which I replied, "i don't want to talk about it." End of discussion.

I found the cutest little Newsboy hat for Landen. It's a khaki corduroy color. It's adorable! I'll be sure to post pictures of my little stud muffin in his hat.

Tuesday Morning: I was upstairs with Mia and she was in the bathroom standing by the sink. I come in there and I smell poop... naturally. So I ask her if she's stinky which she replies yes to. So I look in the sink and there are brown specks all in the sink. I asked her if she was playing with her poo poo. Which she replies with another yes. I freak out, wash her hands, change her diaper. Then Kalea comes upstairs and I asked her to look in the sink and to see it it was poop but not to touch it. She looks in the sink and says, "no. we made cookies with daddy and i had to wash my hands." Which totally made sense since they were crushing up Oreo cookies to make Oreo balls. So I looked at Mia and said, "you didn't put poop in the sink?" and she said no. crazy kid.

Christian is going to be home for 2 weeks on vacation. 2 W.E.E.K.S. That's a lot of "TOGETHER TIME." I better make a list of chores for him ;)

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love your posts, they always make me laugh. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with moments like this!

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

Poor Kalea. I am sure that hurt. She doesn't like dr.'s too much, I guess. I can't imagine doing that. She is so mello and then goes NUTS on people...kind of funny???

Elder Turner said...

LOL...I WOULD LOVE TO BE A FLY ON YOUR WALL! HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS XOX