Monday, December 22, 2008

A TRIBUTE TO THE KEETERS

I have this best friend named Leah. She's been in my life for 10 years now. Granted life has taken us on different journey's and sometimes we lose contact for a year here and there... but some how we always manage to come together. Stronger then ever.

Leah's brother Brian was just in a terrible car accident recently. And by terrible I mean collapsed lungs, broken back, on a ventilator, breathing tubes... terrible. When you know someone close to you that is going through such a terrible thing, your heart goes out to them. It breaks my heart to know that the Keeters are going through such a painful trial right now. However, I know what a strong family they are and that they are able to lean on each other for strength. I also know that Brian will heal in time. I have faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ. I have a strong testimony of the unity of family. There is nothing more important in this world then that.

I thought it would be fun to write some things to my Keeter Meter Family:

Kermit... oh dear, wonderful Kermit. You introduced to me the delicious-ness of Peach Salsa. I would have never tried it without you. You're the strong silent type... that's exactly where Brian gets it from. Where would we be without your weather forecasting skills.

Louane... you have always made me feel welcome in your home. You have a wonderful warmth about you. When anyone is in your presence, you naturally feel comfortable and at home with you. You're a great mother and I absolutely LOVE you!!

Kara... I love that you're a mother! I want to meet that sweet little Owen that I've heard so much about. I've heard he's quite the rapper... Good Ole Uncle Brian, teaching Owen the skills that will get him through life.

Brian... I have to say, the first time I met and hung out with Brian it was at the Keeter's house. I was with the twins and Brian had just got home from playing basketball. Sweaty and gross. And what did we all do? You guessed it! Watched American Idol! It was during the auditions and Brian and I took turns cracking on every single person. Little did I know that Brian was so dang witty. It took a lot for me to keep up, being the hilarious person that I am. I'm pretty sure he "clowned" everyone of them 100 times better then me.

Myra... oh my lovely Miatra... as I would call you. I love your BOOMING voice, your out of control eating, and dancing with you at a church dance... (don't act like you don't remember!) Ruby Tuesdays. Spanking you and you HATING it. Remember when you dated Brian Hourigan? good times good times :)

Last but not least...

Leah, LKK, Gypsy, Cowgirl, and lover of all things turquoise...

I have soooo many memories beginning with my Sophomore year of High School. You giving me rides EVERYWHERE! Listening to (and tolerating) DMB... before you turned all country:) Having World Civ. with your big Pacey picture on your notebook. Katie Holmes. Butterflies. Abercrombie and Fitch. Tinky Winky. Taylor. Ah... the good ole days. And then there was Ruby Tuesdays! Who knew working in the same greasy, gross, tacky restaurant when reignite such a strong friendship. Those were good times too. Mmmm Coconut Frappachino's. Red shirts and black pants. Always eating candy out of our aprons. Johnny Mac (oh geez). Getting yelled at by Johnny Mac's girlfriend. Parties. And then we became roommates. You got the bigger room... naturally. Remember when I went out on the side walk... with a broom.... and yelled up at the guy upstairs. Remember when some guy peed on my window. "I want to go to heaven so I can play with tigers". Wake Tech. Yelling matches. Our little neighbor kids who lived across from us... they were so cute! Ross and Jeff. Taylor parking outside our apartment. Walkie Talkies. Loooong talks. Tons of Laughs. Pineapples. Carolina Ale House. More Parties. My feisty little temper. You... running... like 3 times a day. Rookie Monster. Blitzakins. I could go on and on and on.

I love those times and I miss those times. But mostly I love the people that I have had those memories with. Thank you Keeters for being such important people in my life. Let the Lord be your strength during these trying times. You are in my prayers! Love you!

~k~

2 comments:

David R said...

Hi. I am David Rosenfeld cousin to Kara, Brian, Leah, and Myra.

That is a wonderful read. Thank you for sharing those great thoughts of love and fun.

Wishing you and your family a Great Holiday Season!! :)

Miche said...

Hey! I am a friend of Jessica's and found your blog from hers BUT I am also a friend of the Keeters and was shocked to hear Brian was in an accident!! I pray he does well, and if you happen to remember, let them know the Quinns/Zerens are sending prayers.