Wednesday, September 10, 2008

LIVING DAY BY DAY

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. I feel like I literally get 10 minutes to myself here and there. And usually I use that 10 minutes to shower or get house work done. I'm not used to being so entirely devoted to such a small little person again. I guess having children who are older tends to spoil you a little bit.



Update on Landen:


  • He's discovered that falling asleep on mommy is much better then trying to do it on his own.

  • We've learned that giving him a passy makes him turn really mad and red... but he still takes it sometimes.

  • He eats a TON! Sometimes I have to supplement a bottle sometimes to fill this kid up.

  • He poops like 120 times a day. And I'm doing way more laundry way more often because of this little poop machine.

  • Christian still doesn't like holding little babies... still.

  • He never wants me to get any sleep.... ever.

  • He's starting to fill out his little face. Definitely developing a double chin... but still has chicken legs.

  • He seems to like his Sisters even though they get right in his face and use a severely high pitched voice (to the point where you think dogs might begin to howl) when talking to him. He stops to listen and stare at them... probably thinking "get your curly hair out of my face."

I've gotten some comments from friends that I haven't posted any pictures of Landen much. It's mostly because I'm so busy and distracted that it hasn't crossed my mind as much. I know I need to get on it and do better. To be honest, lately he's either been crying or sleeping so I haven't felt the uncontrollable desire to photograph either of those things. I do have to say that a good friend of the Alo family, Linda Connor, is going to take some pictures of Landen and I so I'm hoping I'll be able to post some of those.


Yesterday I realized it was already 1 o'clock and the girls hadn't had lunch yet. Of course Landen was crying his little head off, all though he had just eaten, burped, and had a clean diaper. So I decided to use the sling my mom made for me and shove the little guy in there. It didn't look very comfortable being all crammed in there, but he got really quiet and eventually fell asleep. So I started making grilled cheese sandwiches (while trying to stand 3 feet back so I wasn't too close with the baby) and Kalea and Mia decided that was a good time to ask for about 13 more things just to test my limits. So I turned to her and said, "I'm not Superman! You need to let me do one thing at a time." That quieted them pretty quickly. So I finished making their sandwiches, cut up an apple, got them something to drink. And about 10 minutes later Kalea comes up to me... confused... and says, "You're not Superman?" Apparently I should have used a symbol that she could actually relate to. Like Dora or Diego.

1 comment:

Hester Family said...

Kristy,
You have the knack of catching mommy moments so clearly that I really relive those times when I read your blog (maybe I relive it so clearly because I also live it so frequently, too)!

Landon looks great!