Sunday, July 24, 2011

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

no-barfing

I can definitely say that this pregnancy has gone pretty smooth. Morning sickness in the first trimester – done. Headaches 2nd trimester – done. Third Trimester has been fairly uneventful until the past week. Wouldn’t ya know know it… All the kids get the barfs… and then so graciously pass it to me. So I’m currently almost 39 weeks (tomorrow) and I haven’t gotten sick or had any kind of flu virus, until now. I’m going in on Monday (tomorrow) to the doctor’s office to see if they can put me in labor (I’ll spare you the details) and if it doesn’t work then I’m going in to Wake Med Hospital early Tuesday morning to for sure get this little girl OUT. However, barfing and staying up all night with aches and pains wasn’t on the schedule. I called one of my doctor’s if I should still go through with it or if I should wait it out and then reschedule. She assured me to go through with it. I guess the extra IV fluids could be more helpful then anything. My biggest concern now is DISINFECTING before we get this wee little one home. Last thing we need is left over germs to spread to little Alana. Not exactly how I expected to spend my last few days of being pregnant but I’ll survive and I guess it’ll make for a good story later on in life.  Wish me luck!!

No comments: