Friday, July 15, 2011

DINNER… THAT SOMEHOW TURNED INTO A BABY SHOWER

I felt it was direly necessary to have dinner with all my girls from the Knightdale Ward before we moved alllll the way out to Chapel Hill. So I put together a place and time and if there is food… they will come. Smile I’d been looking forward to this night for awhile. I even wore my water-proof mascara because I just know I’m going to miss these girls so much! I held it together pretty well though. I kept waiting for the dialogue to fade out and sad music to fade in while everything goes slow motion. Everyone gets stuck in slow motion laughter and then I’d inevitably cry. It didn’t happen.

We all met up at Mimi’s CafĂ© and when I walked in there was a table in the corner with a diaper cake, cupcakes, and gifts. Not quite what I was expecting. I guess I didn’t get the memo. Smile

IMG_0167IMG_0168

I have such a great time whenever I get together with everyone. It’s always non-stop laughter and good times which is evident by these pictures:

**Lisa and I – I like to call us ebony and ivory. She is one of my absolute best friends. The moment we became friends I remember thinking in my head “It feels like we’ve been friends forever”. Who knows… maybe we were bff before this life. Smile**

IMG_0158IMG_0184

**This handsome fella is Darius, our waiter. He was really patient while we all trickled in and ordered at different times and refilled our water a thousand times. He probably thought we were some CRAZY white girls.**

**And there’s Erin eating my diaper cake… crazy white girl.**

IMG_0159IMG_0165

**The whole group – Erin, Lindsay, April, Leah, Meg, Suzanne, Lana, Angie, Bekah, Melanie, Lisa, yours truly, and Erin.**

IMG_0169

**Erin and Lindsay (my Utah girls) – funny story. Leah was trying to take a picture of the table and these 2 posed for a picture on queue. It was hilarious.**

IMG_0164

**Apparently something was hilarious… l’m creepy.**

IMG_0177

**Lisa and Meg threw me my baby shower when I was pregnant with Landen. We have a bunch of pictures of the three of us from back then too. Awww… memories.**

IMG_0175

I have some seriously talented friends. They made a lot of their own gifts and this little girl has some cute new outfits. She should be happy that she has something to call her own since she’s going to have A TON of hand-me-downs.

They were all so funny with their “disclaimers” during the opening process. I wasn’t expecting anything but dinner with friends so these amazing gifts were certainly from the heart… I could tell.

**Melanie made these adorable burp cloths, blanket, and a diaper/wipes holder. She is AMAZINGLY talented… this is her giving me the “disclaimer.” Smile**

IMG_0160IMG_0161

**This is from Erin Marriott. Every baby shower I’ve been to she gifts with these AWESOME carseat covers. And in my head I’m always wondering how I can steal it without anyone noticing. I absolutely LOVE THEM…. and I GOT ONE!!!! Thanks Erin… I’m so excited to use it.**

IMG_0171

**Lindsay made me these cute burp cloths and a cute onsie she dolled up. She’s so awesome because she’s gotten over her “fear” of the sewing machine. Something I can’t claim yet. I won’t touch them yet.**

IMG_0176IMG_0179

Just a couple of the cute outfits. They know me so well and got a cute brown dress, some leopard print shoes… and we joked around about the little skirt I’m holding up being a “booty skirt”. It definitely would be on Mia… I guess not on a newborn though.

IMG_0173IMG_0178

THANK YOU LADIES FOR ALL YOU’VE DONE FOR ME. NOT ONLY FOR THIS LITTLE ONE, BUT THROUGHOUT THE YEARS. I CHERISH EVERY ONE OF YOU AND AM SO THANKFUL FOR YOU IN MY LIFE!

IMG_0187

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Looks like fun! No baby yet huh?