Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MIA’S 5TH BIRTHDAY

Mia turned 5 today!! Holy Cow where did the time go? I remember bringing that sweet little baby home just yesterday. She really is such a fun little girl… full of spunk and personality… I’m not quite sure where she gets it from. She brings such a funny sense of humor to our family, she remembers EVERYTHING you tell her… good or bad. There are SO many things about Mia that I just adore. She’s stubborn like her Mommy, athletic like her Daddy, and can give us a run for our money. MIA – We love you so much! Each day you grow more and more beautiful. You’ve becoming more independent and self confident each day. We are so blessed to have you as a part of our family and are glad that our Heavenly Father gave you to us as our daughter.

This year, since it was a BIG birthday (5 yrs old, 8 yrs. old, 12… etc those are considered BIG years in our house) I felt like I should do something out of the norm for her. We’re really not big party throwers. birthday’s are usually quietly spent at home with the family and usually Grandma and Grandpa Alo come over. Cake, ice cream, the usual… but this year was special. And we wanted to show Mia how much she is loved not only by us, but by her friends. And since we are currently trying to get our house ready to sell, a party at the house didn’t seem practical. So we took our party elsewhere and had it at the Rolesville Park. I have to admit… I was SOOO stressed about this party. The week I planned it the weather was supposed to beautiful. High 60’s without a cloud in the sky. Of course, as nature would have it, the forecast changed and it rained all night long and was cloudy all morning. So I STALKED the weather and it kept saying that the clouds would break around 1pm. Well, her party was from 1-3pm and all morning long I waited for those clouds to break. And in the meantime I decided to make a Giant Cookie for her party. A few of the reviews said their cookie spilled over the sides of the pizza pan. Well, as luck would have it, so did mine. Not only did it spill over, but it caught my oven on fire. SERIOUSLY?! It was crazy. I called my mom ASAP (who needs a fire department) and freaked. I already had the oven closed (I had taken the cookie out) and was just sitting there watching the flames dance around my oven. Not cool. Finally they went out. My house was filled with smoke, so we opened up the windows and kept them open for the rest of the day. This cookie turned out to be more dreadful then I anticipated. When we finally were ready to go, I put the cookie on the front passenger seat next to me. Um…. it slid all over the place and almost bit the dust during a turn. I may never make one of these things again. It was, however, delicious and turned out cute.

IMG_0103

We headed over to pick Kalea up at school and then made our way to the park. We got there barely in time to set up before people arrived. Once that was finished I whipped out some towels and pretty much dried the ENTIRE park. I didn’t want all these little behinds getting wet. The party was a lot of fun for the kids. They played and ran like crazy people and the clouds did break at 1pm AND it warmed up quite a bit. SUCCESS!!

**I went around and took a few pictures of the kids playing. They had no plan on standing still for me or saying “cheese” for that matter.**

IMG_0118IMG_0119IMG_0122IMG_0126

IMG_0164

IMG_0167

IMG_0113

Mia's party-1277Mia's party-1280

**I think I’m taking too long…**

IMG_0129

**Presents Time!! One thing you will learn about Mia is that she is THE BEST present opener. She makes you feel like she has waited her whole life just for this one gift. She was so excited about each and everyone that she received from her friends. It was cracking me up. “THIS IS MY FAVORITE PRESENT EVER!!!”**

IMG_0132

IMG_0147

Mia's party-1281

**Landen swiped this out of Mia’s bag and kept screaming for “ice cream”! He wanted it so bad. I was able to hold him off and hide it from him after a little while.**

IMG_0151

1 comment:

Andrew Morris said...

Your pictures are awesome! I love them. The party was great. I was thinking what a great idea is what to have it at the park. You were able to invite a ton of people... your house didn't get wrecked... and the kids were throughly entertained. The weather turned out to be perfect.

Mia was cracking me up when she would smile and bat her eyes. Such a doll!