Wednesday, March 23, 2011

MAKOA “fearless”… WHO KNEW WE COULD PREDICT THE FUTURE.

Things are going as according to plan. Which is a HUGE accomplishment in itself. My mom is currently listing our house as we speak. It’ll be interesting to see if we have any takers. I know lots of people are listing right now, but I haven’t quite heard if there have been people out there BUYING which is kind of the most important part.

Christian received an email that we got into Student Housing at Chapel Hill. We were going to be living a little farther from the playground then I preferred. I had talked to a friend of mine (Matt Gertsch) about living arrangements there since he and his wife (and 3 boys) currently live there also. He suggested I call and see if I could get the same size apartment but closer to the “circle” which is basically a cul-de-sac. So I called on Saturday and the manager wasn’t there. Then I called again on Monday. At first Christian thought I was “messing with our blessings”. But it wasn’t that I was feeling ungrateful, I just thought it was worth a shot. And if you know Landen… it is definitely worth it to be closer to a playground. Anyways, I called back on Monday and I spoke to Mike. He was SUPER nice and accommodating and he had one more apartment that was closer and it was still the same size as the first. I was EXTATIC and so thankful to him. So the move-in date has changed a little but it works out perfectly because now I don’t have to try another OB/GYN in Chapel Hill. We can still deliver in Raleigh but then it’s bam bam bam. Baby, move in, class. It’ll be a hectic month but I’m sure we’ll be fine.

As if life isn’t crazy enough, Landen has been giving me a “run for my money” so to speak. This kid has more energy than I’ve ever seen. Even people who have boys tell me Landen has a lot of energy. He hasn’t been sleeping well at night so I’ve decided to cut down his nap schedule. He naps only once or twice a week, and they are short. Which doesn’t help my exhaustion, but I’d rather him sleep through the night… in his own bed… than keep his naps.

Don’t get me wrong. I love this kid. Like… love with all my heart and adore him. But he is A LOT. A lot of what you may ask? A lot of EVERYTHING. This kid is like a bullet and just takes of from morning to night. This picture describes him to a T. He is ALL boy. Can be aggressive and rough. But is really sweet natured at heart. When we found out we were pregnant with another girl I really thought I’d want a boy. But now… I think I’m A OK with having a girl. One boy is enough for now.

We went to Collin’s Eagle Scout Court of Honor last Saturday. Landen started off looking cute. Button up plaid shirt, khaki shorts, and his blue sandals. Well, by the end of the evening he had dumped juice all down his shirt so off it came. Thus the wife beater. Then he decided to drink until he exploded and peed out of his shorts. Off the shorts came.

IMG_0206

By the end of the evening this is what he was wearing… He looked like a homeless child.

IMG_0320

Last night we were feeding the missionaries. Christian had the idea to make Tilapia. It’s a great recipe and super easy for the 2 of us (the kids won’t eat it) but when you’re making enough for 2 adults, one pregnant, and two 19 year old missionaries, it doesn’t help that you have to make four sides with the dish. So I searched high and low for my potato peeler. Nowhere to be found. I dumped drawers, dishwasher, everywhere. GONE. So I had to boil the potatoes and then peel them after they were cooked which burned my fingers. Then I hear a CRASH… Landen decided to pull and knock down a vase my parents were letting us borrow for showing the house and such. Great! I was so upset with him. Not to mention, Kalea decided to skimp on her homework and get away with it. Ugh! I was about to lose it. Seriously lose it. Apparently Christian had warned the missionaries I was going to be a grump when they got there. So Christian picks a fight just to prove his point. I was very impressed with myself for holding it in. Next time I’m making spaghetti. period.

Christian swears that I’m a push-over with this kid. But by the end of the day I am so exhausted by him, and tired of the chaos that I cave in. I know I should stand my ground a little bit more, but he is just so… so… Landen. I am just hoping 3 year old Landen isn’t as exhausting, or so full of tantrums, as 2 year old Landen.

2 comments:

Chapman Family said...

Landen sounds like Payson when he was little! They really do grow up much to fast...three will not be better, but if you can check into preschool(especially the free kind!) it makes all difference! Most preschools have "financial aid" available...trust me it's worth your sanity, and the structure makes a huge difference in their behavior.

Hester Family said...

I'm thinking the chaos won't calm down until he's 5 or until he learns to read, which is probably going to be pretty close either way. Point being you are right in the middle of the fatigue that comes with boys that age. Hang in there! They are so sweet...Hyrum now gives me a kiss and hug when I'm ready to erupt upon him for his antics...he's a smart kid--it works pretty well.