Tuesday, November 9, 2010

HALLOWEEN

I don’t know about you, but October has FLOWN by. I blinked and it was gone. We have a bit of a dilemma this year with the kids. We have realized that they are old enough to understand the principle of keeping the Sabbath Day holy. And as we all know… Halloween is on SUNDAY! Kalea came up to us one day and said, “I really want to go trick or treating, but I really want to keep the Sabbath Day holy." Ahhhh!! What to do? Lucky the decision was somewhat easy.  ( This is important since we believe that Sunday is a day of rest from our daily activities. That includes shopping, playing at friends houses, etc. Halloween falls into that category at our house.) This year we are able to participate in “Trunk or Treat” at our church AND have a Halloween party on the same evening. So the kids still get to dress up, play games, and get candy. They ended up having a great time and really enjoyed handing out candy to the other kids. That counts as service, right?

First off we went over to Kelly’s house. She’s one of my good friends that I used to work with and, sadly enough, NEVER get to see any more. Her and Alana (equally as fun and hilarious) put together a great Halloween party for the kids. One thing about these girls, the food they prepared was sooooo good. I guess when you’ve worked around food as long as we have (had) you learn to serve food for the grown ups, not just the kids.

*This is Hazel with Mia. She is such a cutie and she was drawn to Mia (naturally, I mean they’re both in frilly pink Tutu’s). Then Hazel eyed Mia’s little pumpkin and obviously wanted it. Mia was so funny. She was feeling particularly shy this night and wouldn’t even look Hazel in the eye like she was a vicious pit-bull or something. Hazel finally got her own pumpkin and I think Mia was relieved. But I’m pretty sure she was still plotting how to get her wand out of Hazel’s little grasp.*

IMG_0136

IMG_0137 IMG_0138
IMG_0140
IMG_0139

(Kate, Kristy, Lauren, Kelly, Kelli, Alana. I used to work with these amazing women. I miss them but SO glad they still keep in touch)
IMG_0148
The kids and I… Landen with a mouth full of somethin, Mia won’t even look at the camera b/c Hazel is ATTACKING… ahhhhh!!!.. and Kalea being her superstar self.
IMG_0144
We could only stay for an hour and then we had to book it from Raleigh to Knightdale for Trunk-or-Treat. Our ward had just split and we wanted to go and say “see ya later” (never goodbye) to those who would be in different wards. It was such a BIG turn out. Christian sadly was battling a gross sickness and so he couldn’t go. Somehow I was able to pawn off our candy to another car and still take the kids trick or treating. Afterwards we all went inside and had a dinner of Chili and a potluck with an array of goodies. It was fun to hang out and get warm. Landen decided he would take off and run out of my sight every 8.5 seconds. Luckily the Allens and the Salgado’s really helped me out with that little Monkey (yea, i said it.)

*I love this picture of the girls. They look so OLD and like such DIVA’s!! I love it.*
IMG_0154

 IMG_0150 *Lillie, Mia, and Kaitlyn. – Her little buddies*                                *My 3 Angels*IMG_0151

Once we got home it was time to unload and see what kind of treats I got… uh… I mean, the kids got.IMG_0161
 
 
 
 
IMG_0160
 
 
 
 
 
IMG_0163
 
 
 
IMG_0156
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 

 

IMG_0167IMG_0165

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xoxo! Love stalking your blogs!