Friday, August 31, 2012

KRISTY IS… OLD

IMG_0932IMG_0951

I celebrated my 29th birthday on August 24th. My last year in my 20’s. Sigh. I’m feeling pretty good about this birthday though. A lot has happened, I’m in a good place. I’m seeing my children grow and thrive. I am seeing my husband do something that he is loving. I am happy. I have a lot to be grateful for. Life isn’t all easy. It’s a lot of work balancing a household of 6. Making sure each child hears “I love you” every single day along with a big hug. Making sure that even though they were scolded or sent to time out, that they know that we love them unconditionally. It is all a balancing act. One that I am working on each and every day. I have a husband who adores me and who I adore right back. He has held my hand every bumpy step, every rough patch, every single unknown. He is my friend, he is my eternal companion, he is my biggest supporter. We are each other’s cheerleaders through it all.

This year he surprised me. A GENUINE surprise. What you may not know about me is that I am very hard to surprise. Once I get a whiff of it in the wind I will snoop. I will check mail, emails, and try and be as sneaky as possible to wiggle it out of you. I am relentless. He knows this. He hid it from me well. Deleted emails, acted like he was going to just give me cash for my birthday. His usual disregard. However, he had it all planned out. Aunt Camillia came and picked up all four kids and we left after class. He had me drive so he could study but didn’t tell me where we were going. He set the GPS up and I knew we were heading west. So we weren’t going to the beach. Then I started bombing him with questions about WHERE. My first guess was to Greensboro to see Jason Mraz. He blew that off because we were going past Greensboro. So then I though Charlotte for a show of some kind. Or Asheville. Really, I had no clue. So we just drove and once we got close to Charlotte we were taking and exit and it said “Charlotte Speedway”. Nascar?! And I quote myself, “If we are going to a Nascar race, I will turn this car around and head home.” We kept heading in that direction. I noticed a car full of teenage boys. I repeat, “If we are going to a Nascar race, I will turn this car around and head home.” He laughs. We end up at the Verizon Amphitheatre. We park. Still no clue. Once I get out of the car I hear other cars playing Jason Mraz music. He tricked me! It was so funny and so worth it. I had a great time. Poor Christian knew maybe, MAYBE 2 songs the whole night. But he took me because he loves me and wanted to do something that he knew I would love. He is amazing. Not to mention we didn’t get back until almost 2 am and he had class around 8am that morning. Truly a sacrifice.

{We stopped off for dinner before the big SURPRISE}

IMG_0930IMG_0931

{WE HAD 12TH ROW SEATS!!!}

IMG_0956IMG_0959

IMG_0964IMG_0969

IMG_1015IMG_1021

IMG_1060

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Happy birthday!!!