Saturday, June 26, 2010

I’M DONE!!

By done I mean exhausted. Last week was our last week of day camps for Kalea and Mia. I’m talking up and moving and out of the house by 8:30 every morning. Talk about exhausting. We did those for 2 weeks straight after Kalea’s last day of school. I’m worn out. Luckily we don’t have any more until late July, and then again in August. Cause Mama needs a BREAK!!  Hopefully for the next couple of weeks will be nothing but reading times at B&N, pools, and much more relaxing times then before. I do have to say I’m pretty excited that we are leaving for the beach in 2 weeks. We’ll be there for 5 days. BLISS. The kids are all super excited too. As soon as we get back, my sis-in-law and her kids will be in NC for almost ALL of July. They’re going to be so sick of us by the end of the trip. Well, that’s the goal at least. My brother Luke shows up the last week, so I have less time for him to get tired of me, but I know I can do it.

My photography classes are going well. I’m definitely the “dumb one” in the class who asks all the stupid questions. But I know I’m not the only one thinking them I’m just the only who has the cojones to ask them. I don’t mind being the dumb one. I’m used to it by now. I say a lot of dumb stuff. I usually like to do it to Christian just see if he thinks I’m REALLY that dumb of if he can tell when I’m faking it. Sometimes I’m faking it… but not all the time. Probably the funniest thing I’ve ever thought (not once, but twice) was when we were driving by a gas station. The price of the gas was at $2.56. So I freaked for a second and said, “Babe! Gas is almost at $3!!” He looked at me a little confused and said we still had .50 cents to go. And I started laughing hysterically and said, “I got time and money confused.” Seriously. Not kidding you. I know, I know. Dumb. However, I did it a second time a few weeks later. Same scenario, except I stopped myself half way through saying “ Gas is almost….” Christian just looked at me baffled. And I sat there dying laughing.  Oh well, if you can’t laugh at yourself, then well, my self-esteem would be really low.  He thought I was joking, I wasn’t. 
Christian however, has a way of making the slightly dumb things I say sound extremely dumb. We were driving to the beach and we were talking about making a side trip to the aquarium. Well, Christian wasn’t even sure where it was and I said, “It’s like the National Aquarium or something.” (Yes, I thought the Wilmington Aquarium was a NATIONAL aquarium.) All Christian did was look at me and say “INTERNATIONAL”.  More laughing. Really? just because I said national you decided to trump me by saying International?! 

The other day Mia came out of the downstairs bathroom and her face looked a little discolored. 
Mia- Mommy, I have to tell you the truth. I put on your lipstick in the bathroom.
Me- Mia, that wasn’t lipstick, it was concealer. It’s for when Mommy has pimples.
Mia- I had pickles today too so I needed to use it.
Me- Oh, ok. That makes perfect sense.

2 comments:

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Lol :) I love the pickles comment, so cute! And btw your blog looks awesome! love all the photos, looks like your photography class is paying off :)

Lisa and company said...

I was at CVS with Allias and his friend the other night and the drinks came to 4.56
The kids gave her a five and she gave them back the correct change of 44 cents. Allias' friend stood there looking confused and then told the lady she gave him the wrong change and handed her 40 cents.
She was like huh- then he realized that he had confused time and money. He felt so stupid he just walked out of the store leaving behind the 40 cents.