Monday, April 26, 2010

Houdini

Oh, just a little update… Landen hates sleeping. He wakes up at least once a night crying for me. It’s getting EXHAUSTING. It’s always around 3 am and the little stinker learned how to CRAWL. OUT. OF. HIS. CRIB!! Yes… you heard me right. The first night (Saturday) was his first attempt. He fell, but nevertheless, succeeded. Then last night (Sunday) he apparently succeeded without falling and hurting himself because the next thing I knew my door was opening and I assumed it was Mia. But as soon as I heard his little run and the sound of his diaper, I knew it was him. I was absolutely baffled. This little guy is so determined to sleep with me and be with me 24/7 that he has risked life and limb. What a stinker. So now what!? Do we put him in a toddler bed and let him escape all the time? Or do we keep the crib up and let him break his neck trying to get out all of the time.  I know what you’re thinking, it’s a lose - lose situation. I agree. I guess it’s probably time for a toddler bed and we’ll just put one of those baby proofing door knobs on his door. That’ll teach you, Houdini.

1 comment:

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

I would go for the toddler bed...just to make sure he doesn't break his sweet little neck. Sorry to hear he is getting out - Spencer has yet to try and get out of his bed. But he doesn't have older siblings and such to learn things quicker. He is funny! He'll eventually learn to stay in his own bed - the door handle trick should work for a while. He may cry but be strong - he'll go back to bed. He is too funny!