Thursday, January 24, 2008

DOCTOR'S VISIT WITH A LITTLE BASKETBALL ON THE SIDE






I went to the OB/Gyn for the first visit yesterday. I took the girls with me, which turned out to be a bit crazier then I wanted. I think for the next visits I'll try to get a babysitter. I was able to get my actual due date. So now when people ask me when I'm due I don't have to say, "I don't know." This baby is technically due on August 25th but I have been 2 weeks early with the girls, so I'm aiming for August 11th. Kalea swears that I have a boy in my belly. I told her it will be awhile before we'll know for sure. I haven't decided whether or not I want another girl or a boy this time around. I definitely have everything I need for another girl, but I'm sure Christian would like a little more testosterone in our house (even though he would never admit it). He says he just wants a happy and healthy baby. I thought that was a very sweet answer. My next appointment is on February 1st where I'll be able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Hopefully everything is going well in there (:

Christian and I were able to go to the NC State vs. Georgia Tech game last night. It ended up being a really close game all night long. It was fun to spend a few hours just on our own while the girls got to spend time with their Aunt Camillia. On our way there I got a little carsick because I hadn't' eaten much before we left. So I made Christian swing by Burger King for a Jr. Whopper ( only $1.) Needless to say Christian wasn't thrilled with that cause it made us 5 minutes late and there was traffic (which I'm pretty sure was my fault too), but I have to say that it was probably the BEST Whopper I've ever eaten in my LIFE!!
Here's a little side note about the basketball game:
1. I swear ALL state fans are country folk with camouflage baseball caps. Christian had to remind me that it's a Engineering/Agricultural college.
2. I told Christian that I was WAY too stuck up to be a NC State fan and that we should consider becoming Carolina fans... that didn't go well. Plus I look really good in Carolina Blue :) haha
3. Christian caught a Chick-fil-a Cow that was thrown into the crowd. Which I totally would have caught if he hadn't grabbed it right out of my hands.
4. I discovered we were on the third level of the stadium and that we probably would NEVER get on the Giant TV where they show all the fans. Bummed me out a little.
5. People who are eating chicken nuggets and french fries right next to you don't want to share.
6. I like to annoy Christian with random questions. (Example: "Do you want a kiss every time State scores?") Answer: NO
7. During the second half while State was up 5 points I mentioned, "Aren't you glad I talked you out of becoming a Carolina fan?" Once again, he was not amused.
At least I can find things to amuse myself during a basketball game and make it a little more fun for the both of us. ( Or at least one of us).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why I'm friends with you. FUNNY!! Meggie

kelley said...

Hey! I was at that game too! We were in the third level and ended up moving even higher after the second half b/c the dudes behind us were these crazy red necks that apparently thought if they yelled at Syndey and the refs loud enough, they would actually make a difference in the game. Clearly it didn't since they lost. Oh well. If only those homeboys had been the ones coaching. I'm glad that I am a Carolina fan!!!

bigmama said...

I think August 10th is a great day to have a baby, Kristy! (wonder why? haha!) Congrats on the new one coming.
Oh, and if you're too snooty to be a State fan, try Duke! We'd be happy to have you on our side!
sis. v