Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WALK TO CURE DIABETES

There is a little boy (2 years old) in our ward who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes back in January. His mom is close to my age and has 3 little ones of her own. Whenever she would talk about “Bear” and his diabetes I my heart would well up and I would start to get teary eyed. Could you even imagine?! Needless to say, when she invited our Relief Society to walk for Bear, I was in. It was a no brainer. I brought Kalea, Mia, and Landen with me. We talked about how this special little boy needs special medicine to keep his body healthy and strong. He has to prick his finger and get shots daily so that he can live a normal life. It was such a great learning experience for the kids and it was such a great opportunity to do something to show support for this amazing family. I can honestly say it was one of the coolest things I’ve ever done and I felt so privileged to be a part of it.

PokiesForBear_collage2012

1 comment:

Becky said...

love this. love you. thank you SO much for coming, and with [most] all of your kids!!