Wednesday, December 22, 2010

VISIT WITH SANTA

So this year we opted out of sending our Christmas cards. I know, I know… bah humbug. No, actually it had nothing to do with being a Scrooge, but there were a few reasons I didn’t do it this year. I guess laziness can be a factor, along with the fact that I didn’t have a good family picture that’s recent to add into it. I didn’t feel like paying for stamps. Or repeating myself in a newsletter that I’ve already written out on the blog. I could come up with a hundred other excuses, but I think these are good enough for now. If you complain to me, you might get a slew of other excuses. I have tons up my sleeve.

On to happier thoughts… Christian is off of work for 2 weeks. Which is a GREAT thing and a NOT SO GREAT thing at times. We tend to be at each other’s throats at times. And if you couldn’t guess, I’m not exactly a timid wife, and he’s not the most soft spoken of husbands. So sometimes it’s all out war, and other times we’re cracking up laughing. Today we decided to venture out with the kids to the land of chaos and craziness…. THE MALL!!! (Hide your wife! Hide your children! Hide your husbands! (That’s a hilarious news reference, incase you’re not sure where that came from)). So off to the mall we went to see Santa. Background… Christian does NOT like the mall. He’s not a huge fan of people to begin with, so a mall is like a root canal for him. He did brave it and let the kids even play at the Play Area afterwards for a few minutes before his sensitive personality couldn’t take it anymore.  Oh, and did I mention that I didn’t feel like paying $20 for a 5x7 of a picture that my camera can take just as well. It was actually Santa’s idea to pass it off to another mom to take the picture for us. I don’t think his “elves” were very thrilled. I’m sure they’ll survive.

*The kids waiting patiently to tell Santa what they want for Christmas*IMG_0214
*Kalea thinks it’s funny to ruin my pictures when I tell her to smile. There will be CONSEQUENCES!* IMG_0207 IMG_0208  IMG_0216 
He L*O*V*E*D it… can you tell?
IMG_0217 
*Santa’s idea for the whole family to take a picture. Mia was really shy and we had to drag her sit down and Landen wasn’t very thrilled with being up close and personal with Santa… even with Mommy right there with him. Eventually it’ll get better… right?*
IMG_0221
P*L*A*Y*T*I*M*E!!! IMG_0222 IMG_0223 IMG_0224 IMG_0225

*The train that went around the mall. Landen loved watching it and kept saying “woo woo”* IMG_0229 IMG_0230

2 comments:

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

I can't believe how big your kids are!!! Wow! Such a beautiful family :)

katie said...

You have such a great family!!! What a beautiful bunch of kids!