Thursday, November 1, 2007




So last night was Halloween and things went fairly successfully. The kids ate a great dinner and were ready to go as soon as daddy came rolling through the front door. We had already had a handful of trick-or-treaters before we left. So, we took Mia and Kalea around the cul-de-sac and they loved it. Such a new experience for Mia and Kalea seemed to remember exactly the routine from last year. Christian and Mia went on home while I took Kalea out for a little bit longer. I really enjoyed the one on one time that we had. She's getting to be such a big girl. I told her to tell me when she got tired and was ready to go home.

One of the highlights of the evening was when Kalea saw a teenage boy dressed in a pretty scary wolf mask. It had blood dripping from it and everything. It was pretty dang scary. I wasn't quite sure how she was going to react to seeing something like that in real life and not on tv. As he walked up to the same house she was at, her eyes got huge and she just stared. I just waited for her reaction, but she just said, "Mommy, it's ok. It's a nice wolf, it's not scary." I don't know if she was reassuring me or herself, but she handled it really well and I was quite impressed with how mature she was. About 7 houses later she was ready to go home and look her her goodie bag (hand made by yours truly, I might add).

As we got home I noticed Mia had a sucker in one hand and a Hershey's bar in the other. She was already seeing the benefits of Halloween. Kalea dumped her bag and had at it. So much for the big dinner I made them to try and keep them full... I guess there's always room for candy!

No comments: